Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Manuia le Kerisimasi

Manuia le Kerisimasi ma le tausagafou!

Just returned from a few days in independent Samoa. Went to a wedding on Upolu, then spent a few days in Savai'i. Cynthia and I went scuba diving while in Savai'i as well.

It's been a fun few weeks lately. The tennis tournament I was in turned out to be somewhat uneventful. Not nearly as many folks turned up as last year and it simply wasn't as fun. I only had one match which I won, then ended up getting sick later that night so didn't attend the closing festivities and party.

The soccer tournament was more fun however. We made it to the finals only to lose 3-0. It was fun to get back on the soccer field again though, it had certainly been a while.

Both Cynthia and I sang in the annual American Samoa Government Christmas Program last week. That's a good time for sure! Nothing like taking work time for choir practice! Can you spot Cynthia in the photo? She's the only palagi in the whole choir!
We've decided on a departure date! Looks like we'll be outta here on January 18th. My contract is up and we're heading back to California...most likely the Bay Area. We're still hoping to take a trip although it may not be as long as hoped. Looking to go to southeast asia for a month or so instead of the anticipated 3-month trip. So the next few weeks will be spent packing, mailing things home, and selling a lot of stuff....hopefully!

The blog will continue as I still have some old stories from this place that I've been meaning to post so I may have a retrospective series upcoming....in the meantime...Manuia le Kerisimasi ma le Tousagafou!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home